Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Handmade Birthday Card: Butterfly Buttons and Flower Bed

I made this simple card for my older sister’s birthday last month. I had limited supplies available at that time so I made do with whatever I could find in my cello bags and zip bags.


I scored an 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock to make a card base that measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. Next, I used the blank side of a green index card as card panel. Then I trimmed and adhered a scrap of patterned paper (white daisies on yellow background) to make it look like a hilly border/flower bed. Using brown ink, I stamped the sentiment (happy birthday) on the card and then adhered the butterfly buttons using adhesive dots.

That’s it. Clean and simple. ;o)

SUPPLIES
  • white cardstock (8 1/2 x 11)
  • green index card (blank on one side)
  • patterned paper (All About Scrapbooking)
  • rubber stamp: happy birthday (Korean stamp message set)
  • butterfly buttons (All About Scrapbooking)
  • adhesive dots (All About Scrapbooking)
Have you made a birthday card with butterflies and flowers, too? Share your work! Leave your link via comments section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment